- 2 lbs Chuck roast cut into quarters (at minimum)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Whisk your flour salt and pepper together. Liberally coat all sides of each piece of your roast in the flour mixture, set aside.
- Get your olive oil nice and hot in a large skillet (please don’t burn your house down). Using tongs, sear each side of each piece of roast in the hot oil.
- Place your sliced onion, garlic, brown sugar, bay leaves, and beef stock in the slow cooker. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Turn the heat to low.
- After the searing is done, place your roast pieces into the slow cooker, on top of the onion slew. Put the lid on and slow-cook for at least 8 hours. Add salt to taste.